TOOLING DESIGN & MOLD MAKING
Once we have a clear and concise manufacturing strategy, we move to the tooling design and mold-making process.
- Our Engineers begin by evaluating your design and determine the most effective way to achieve optimum casting strength and surface finish. Gates and risers are added to the design to facilitate a good flow of aluminum throughout the part.
- Solidification software is run on your part to detect and predict the best casting design. This step ensures your castings will be optimized for maximum manufacturing efficiency.
- Next, our tool makers use CAD/CAM software to write the programs and create 3D renderings of the casting. The tooling is then modeled to ensure the mold will produce parts according to print specifications.
- The design code is sent to one of our CNC Machining Centers where we begin cutting the part design into the mold.
- In most cases, our preferred tooling material is high-strength steel because of its excellent stability and superior tool life. These qualities save our clients from unnecessary tool reworking costs over the life of the product. Permanent molds will produce tens of thousands of parts throughout their lifetime.
Once we’ve created the tooling to your specifications, the tooling becomes your property. We take great care in prepping, cleaning, warehousing, and maintaining your tools so that they will supply high-quality castings for years to come.
Have a Question?
Talk to one of our specialists with any questions you may have.
We design and create 100% of our tooling in-house.